Monday, June 13, 2011

"The more we plant, the less we have to mow"



Today was herbs herbs herbs.

I learned a ton about these guys and got to make and drink a red clover elixir. And I'm working on a chocolate orange mint vinegar extract which will be ready for consumption on July 25th. Lalanya and I talked children's literature, religion, family, diet and world travel while we weeded side by side. Then Andy came home from the store and made us a delicious meal with gluten-free noodles, which I'd never experienced before. Other activities of note include being granted a telephone interview with UNO Charter School Network at noon tomorrow, catching two chickens and succumbing to a craving for "processed crap" and driving to Iowa City to buy some at Target. So ashamed am I of these remnants of my wasteful, preservative-ridden lifestyle that I literally snuck the contraband to my room when no one was around.

Tomorrow I have free range of the farm from 7 a.m. - 10 or 11 p.m. AH! I'm excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment